DETERMINING YOUR ORGANIZATIONS TRAINING NEEDSPeople Council uses needs assessments to identify gaps in learning strategies and resources needed to build an effective learning organization. The purpose of these needs assessments is to align learning, to both the individual and organization, with the business strategies of the organization.
A training audit provides organizations with an overview of the effectiveness and efficiency of its training/learning function. The purpose of the training audit is to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the training/learning function in terms of its current responsibilities and future commitments.
Since every organization is unique, each training audit is customized to meet the specific learning needs and requirements of each situation. At the conclusion of a training audit, the department will receive a report card with detailed findings and recommendations.
- Process of conducting a Needs Assessment
- Identify and make clear what the purpose of the needs assessment really is.
- Decide how the data will be collected.
- Prepare a project plan.
- Analyze the data collected.
- Identify possible performance improvement solutions.
TOOLS USED WHEN CONDUCTING A NEEDS ASSESSMENT
- Analysis of statistics or records
- Suggestion Box
- Meetings, Reports and Newsletters